Best of the Canyonlands
Descend from the Mile High City into the foothills of the Rockies and through the badlands, canyons, and arches rising from desert landscapes. From Arches and Canyonlands National Parks tours and a Be My Guest lunch experience at a family owned peach orchard to the Grand Canyon, it’s a best-of experience not to be missed.
- 1 Welcome Reception (WR)
- 6 Breakfast (B)
- 1 Regional Dinner (RD)
- 1 Dinner (D)
- Grand Canyon National Park: Meet a geologist at the South Rim of the Grand Canyon to learn about how this natural marvel was formed and all the different layers that make up the Colorado Plateau.
- Monument Valley: Journey through the barren beauty of the desert to Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park where you will board off-road open-air vehicles to explore the famous 17-mile loop of Monument Valley with your Navajo guide. View many of the famous monuments including The East and West Mittens viewpoint, John Ford’s Point & Three Sisters viewpoint, the Totem Pole viewpoint, Artist’s Point, and the North Window viewpoints - the backdrop for many western Hollywood hits, including Stagecoach and Fort Apache.
- Vail: Vail is one of Colorado's great playgrounds. While the winter attracts the ski crows, the summer draws in guests to the European-style Vail Village. Surrounded by towering peaks the pedestrian village offers a unique mix of shops, restaurants, pubs, and cafes. The locals take pride in their friendliness and making sure that Vail has a cosmopolitan feel while at the same time remaining unprentious.
- Moab: Enjoy small town hospitality with incredible red rock landscapes with a visit to Moab.
- Arches National Park: Visit Arches National Park, housing the greatest concentration of natural arches in the world. Some 6,000 natural sandstone arches can be found within the boundaries of the national park.
- Canyonlands National Park: It's on to Canyonlands National Park for a drive onto the Island in the Sky - a mesa resting 1,000 feet (305 meters) above the surrounding countryside, offering spectacular views over the dramatic sandstone formations.
- Mesa Verde National Park: Admire the ancient cliff dwellings of the Ancestral Puebloan people, carved out of the sandstone of the canyon walls, at the UNESCO-listed Mesa Verde National Park. Several hundred of these dwellings, in addition to thousands of known archaeological sites, are preserved in this protected area and you'll have an opportunity to see several during your visit to the park, as you ride along the Mesa Top Loop, and Cliff Palace Loop, where you can see the magnificent Cliff Palace.
- Cameron: Explore the historic Cameron Trading Post, founded over one hundred years ago. Our visit helps support the Navajo who live in the area and sell their goods, such as Navajo jewelry, baskets, rugs, kachinas, pottery and artwork.
- Las Vegas: Go sightseeing in the largest city in Nevada and one of the world's greatest resort cities, Las Vegas.
- Monument Valley: Travel to Monument Valley for a highly enjoyable cookout lunch with members of the Navajo Nation. You’ll take off-road vehicles to the cookout site where you’ll enjoy a delicious steak and chicken dinner with a chance to try traditional Navajo tacos and fry-bread.
- Grand Canyon: Travel to Desert View and bask in the views of the Grand Canyon and the iconic watchtower decorated with its Hopi artist murals. Make your way to an Inter-tribal Cultural Heritage site where members share their stories, family histories and provide cultural demonstrations such as carpet weaving and traditional song and dance performances. Our visit and donation provide a continuous source of seed funding for the heritage site while allowing guests to engage directly with Indigenous community members.
- : Discover the Grand Canyon with Tim, a Local Specialist and Geologist
- : Visit Vail, Arches and Canyonlands National Parks, Moab, the cliff dwellings of Mesa Verde National Park, Monument Valley, Grand Canyon National Park, Las Vegas
- : See Delicate Arch in Arches National Park
- : Scenic Drive along Desert View Drive and Route 66
- : An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- : Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- : All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- : All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- : Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- : Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- : Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- : All transport and transfers shown
- : Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- : Optional Experiences and free time
- : On occasion, hotels of similar standard and location may be utilised.
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- All transport and transfers shown
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Optional Experiences and free time
- On occasion, hotels of similar standard and location may be utilised.
Imagine unmissable experiences you've always dreamed of, getting to know the locals and having everything taken care of every step of the way.
Here's what you'll experience:
Must-sees to local secrets
Visiting bucket list sites are a highlight of traveling, however, traveling on your own can make them hard work. Don't queue with other sightseers for hours, with Trafalgar our experts unlock doors - think exclusive access to the Vatican out of hours or a...